Principal Structural Engineer
- Local Civil & Structural Consultancy
- Leadership Role
- Outstanding Remuneration
Our Client is a leading structural and civil engineering practice based in Adelaide specialising in the design, documentation and supervision of building innovative structures and associated site works.
We are currently seeking a Senior/Principal Structural Engineer with a strong technical and analytical background to join the team in Adelaide. The role will focus primarily on industrial, institutional, and commercial projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Leading project design teams in delivering positive client outcomes and financial performance for the business
- Managing key projects from start to finish and providing successful project outcomes
- Building and managing client relationships through effective and commercially astute business development
- The provision of accurate and efficient engineering design for the office in accordance with project times and budgets
- Conducting feasibility studies and site inspections
- Mentoring junior staff and assisting in developing the team
- Ensuring technical work and design calculations are of a high standard
- Assisting with continuous improvement of the technical capacity of the business
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Structural/Civil Engineering
- Hold Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) Status
- 10+ years experience within a structural engineering consulting environment
- Demonstrated success in winning and securing work through effective business development
- A palette of structural materials including concrete, steel, masonry and timber
- Familiarity with the current Australian design codes, including but not limited to AS1170, AS3600, AS3700 and AS4100.
- Familiarity with analysis, design, reporting and presentation tools such as Spacegass, Microstran, Structural Toolkit, RAPT, Inducta (RCB, SLB, PTD and RCC), ETABS, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Professional communication skills to liaise with the team, senior management and external stakeholders to produce commercial, client focused outcomes
- Business acumen to financially manage your own projects
On offer is design and project management exposure - high-end clients and projects along with a fantastic opportunity to develop your structural buildings projects portfolio in a dynamic and collaborative team. There is a strong training and development culture feeding off an experienced and knowledgeable team, backed by a solid pipeline of projects and exciting opportunities for long term career progression
Tetracon acknowledges the unique contribution that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their culture, ethnicity, race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, experiences, opinions and beliefs - in acquiring talent for our clients, diversity simply means good business sense!
Do you want to be considered for this position? Click 'apply now' to send a current copy of your CV. Not sure if this is the right job for you and you are looking for a new position? Please contact John Camm on 0447 838 200 to start a conversation about your career options.